THE ACTING CLASS
A class ideal for any actor desiring to hone their craft through exercises, scene study, scene work, monologues, character analysis, and more; within a small class setting.
- exercises developed by Sanford Meisner, Uta Hagen, and Constantin Stanislavski
- improving through scene study
- performing a scene or monologue
- understanding and developing a character
- Saturday classes are 10:00AM-11:30AM
- Classes start September 14th and run through the first week of November (8 class sessions) | Ages 18-80
- Instructor: Carol Myers
Ruby Theatre | 615 S. 10th Street | St. Joseph, MO
Alternative Purchase Locations
in person | Ruby Theatre | 615 S. 10th Street
by phone | 816.232.1778
Confidence, voice quality, body movement and theatre fundamentals; your child will experience these and more in our age-appropriate theatre classes. Embarking on our eighth year, Theatre Academy has expanded to offer Preschool thru 8th Grade classes not only on Saturdays but also after school. Theatre Classes are about finding your child’s confidence through fun and exciting theatre experiences. Learning fundamentals of theatre will make your child more confident not only on stage but also in the classroom and on the playing field! Being able to speak in front of people is a skill that will live on through adulthood. Join us for a year of fun!
• All instructors are qualified actors, artistic directors, and/or stage technical directors with over 50 years combined experience in theatre.
• Class size:
STAGEprep: 7 minimum / 15 maximum
• Each class will have one Volunteer Theatre Intern. Interns are experienced high school theatre students who have completed an application form and submitted a letter of recommendation. Interns will earn volunteer hours for programs such as National Honor Society, A+, etc.
• Each class is independent of the other; new actors may enroll for any class without feeling left behind; experienced actors will not feel held back. Students are encouraged to repeat a course to reinforce acting skills since they will study / perform different scripts and concepts each year.