Pre-Production is an exciting shortened version of our Production Class! Designed to prepare Pre-K through 2nd graders for the responsibilities of a bigger production, this class will perform a highly energetic and fun-filled full KIDS production of Magic Tree House: Dinosaurs before Dark. The kids will learn choreography, music, how to memorize lines and be part of a team. Building the mind of an actor takes time and dedication and this class will fully prepare them to work with the “big kids” in Production Class! This is a newly designed class offering and we are excited to bring it to the Ruby!
- runs September – January
- Saturday classes are 9:30AM-10:30AM
- Cost: $40 per month | includes costume fees, script, and cast-t-shirt
Performance Date: January 23, 2021
Please call 816-232-1778 to enroll your kiddo in a class if they are Pre-K through 2nd Grade. There are options available and our office staff members will be happy to assist you.
Ruby Theatre | 615 S. 10th Street | St. Joseph, MO
Alternative Purchase Locations
in person | Ruby Theatre | 615 S. 10th Street
by phone | 816.232.1778
Confidence, voice quality, body movement and theatre fundamentals; your child will experience these and more in our age-appropriate theatre classes. Embarking on our eighth year, Theatre Academy has expanded to offer Preschool thru 12th Grade classes not only on Saturdays but also after school. Theatre Classes are about finding your child’s confidence through fun and exciting theatre experiences. Learning fundamentals of theatre will make your child more confident not only on stage but also in the classroom and on the playing field! Being able to speak in front of people is a skill that will live on through adulthood. Join us for a year of fun!
• All instructors are qualified actors, artistic directors, and/or stage technical directors with over 50 years combined experience in theatre.
• Class size:
Pre-Production: 15 minimum / 30 maximum
• Each class will have one Volunteer Theatre Intern. Interns are experienced high school theatre students who have completed an application form and submitted a letter of recommendation. Interns will earn volunteer hours for programs such as National Honor Society, A+, etc.
• Each class is independent of the other; new actors may enroll for any class without feeling left behind; experienced actors will not feel held back. Students are encouraged to repeat a course to reinforce acting skills since they will study / perform different scripts and concepts each year.