FULL THEATRICAL EXPERIENCE
These production classes will start their year with production foundations and end with a big production that they will put together themselves with the help of our teachers, assistants and interns! They will be tackling a Broadway style JUNIOR production of Peter Pan. The Production classes will focus on voice projection, team building, confidence, set construction, costume and prop building, makeup, areas of the stage and many more. These classes will be a more in-depth look at how a show is actually put together. We are building our future Mainstage actors in this class and we are so excited to mold your child’s imagination and stage presence.
- runs September – March | 5 years old – 12th Grade
- Monday | Class times are 1:30PM-3:00PM or 5:15PM-6:45PM
- Wednesday | Class times are 1:30PM-3:00PM or 5:15PM-6:45PM
- Saturday | Class times are 10:00AM-11:30AM
- Cost: TBA per month | includes costume fees, script, and cast-t-shirt
TICKETS ON SALE: MARCH 5, 2024 @ 9:00AM
MONDAY HOMESCHOOL CLASS
MONDAY PM CLASS
WEDNESDAY HOMESCHOOL CLASS
WEDNESDAY PM CLASS
Ruby Theatre | 615 S. 10th Street
Alternative Purchase Locations
in person | Ruby Theatre | 615 S. 10th Street
by phone | 816.232.1778
|Director: Lindsay Prawitz
|Education: Carol Myers
|Technical Director: Frank Polleck
Confidence, voice quality, body movement and theatre fundamentals; your child will experience these and more in our age-appropriate theatre classes. Embarking on our eighth year, Theatre Academy has expanded to offer Preschool thru 12th Grade classes not only on Saturdays but also after school. Theatre Classes are about finding your child’s confidence through fun and exciting theatre experiences. Learning fundamentals of theatre will make your child more confident not only on stage but also in the classroom and on the playing field! Being able to speak in front of people is a skill that will live on through adulthood. Join us for a year of fun!
• All instructors are qualified actors, artistic directors, and/or stage technical directors with over 50 years combined experience in theatre.
• Class size:
production: 15 minimum/30 maximum
• Each class will have one Volunteer Theatre Intern. Interns are experienced high school theatre students who have completed an application form and submitted a letter of recommendation. Interns will earn volunteer hours for programs such as National Honor Society, A+, etc.
• Each class is independent of the other; new actors may enroll for any class without feeling left behind; experienced actors will not feel held back. Students are encouraged to repeat a course to reinforce acting skills since they will study / perform different scripts and concepts each year.