FULL THEATRICAL EXPERIENCE
These production classes will start their year with production foundations and end with a big production that they will put together themselves with the help of our teachers, assistants and interns! They will be tackling a Broadway style JUNIOR production of James and the Giant Peach. The Production classes will focus on voice projection, team building, confidence, set construction, costume and prop building, makeup, areas of the stage and many more. These classes will be a more in-depth look at how a show is actually put together. We are building our future Mainstage actors in this class and we are so excited to mold your child’s imagination and stage presence.
- runs September – March | 1st and 2nd graders must have completed STAGEprep, production, or Summer Musical Camp
- Monday | Class times are 5:15PM-6:45PM
- Wednesday | Class times are 5:15PM-6:45PM
- Saturday | Class times are 11:00AM-12:30PM
REGISTRATION OPENS: AUGUST 1, 2019
OPEN HOUSE | FREE EVENT
August 17, 2019 | 1:00PM | Ruby Theatre | Everyone can watch the movie: James and the Giant Peach to learn more about the story.
Class Registration will be available at the event | Opportunity to learn more about our Theatre Academy Programs
(Concessions will be available to purchase at the event)
Ruby Theatre | 615 S. 10th Street
Alternative Purchase Locations
in person | Ruby Theatre | 615 S. 10th Street
by phone | 816.232.1778
|Director: Lindsay Prawitz||Music Director: TBA|
Confidence, voice quality, body movement and theatre fundamentals; your child will experience these and more in our age-appropriate theatre classes. Embarking on our eighth year, Theatre Academy has expanded to offer Preschool thru 8th Grade classes not only on Saturdays but also after school. Theatre Classes are about finding your child’s confidence through fun and exciting theatre experiences. Learning fundamentals of theatre will make your child more confident not only on stage but also in the classroom and on the playing field! Being able to speak in front of people is a skill that will live on through adulthood. Join us for a year of fun!
• All instructors are qualified actors, artistic directors, and/or stage technical directors with over 50 years combined experience in theatre.
• Class size:
production: 15 minimum/30 maximum
• Each class will have one Volunteer Theatre Intern. Interns are experienced high school theatre students who have completed an application form and submitted a letter of recommendation. Interns will earn volunteer hours for programs such as National Honor Society, A+, etc.
• Each class is independent of the other; new actors may enroll for any class without feeling left behind; experienced actors will not feel held back. Students are encouraged to repeat a course to reinforce acting skills since they will study / perform different scripts and concepts each year.